Friday, December 28, 2018

E-Rod Ready for TE Competition in 2019

With just a week to go until the San Antonio Commanders open their first official Training Camp, E-Rod is working-out hard in Perth Amboy, New Jersey for his new opportunity. "I know this could be my last, best chance, I will answer the bell come Training Camp, know that," he said.

"Each camp is a new opportunity to shine," E-Rod said.
The young Commanders are ready to appease the football crazy town of San Antonio in the new year, with home games being played in the famed AlamoDome.

"Each camp is a new opportunity to shine," E-Rod said this week. While competition will be strong at the Tight End position, it's a chance to play a position he has dreamed about since turning pro. "When I started in my first training camp the Bears used me as a Tight End, but that all changed pretty quickly," he said. "I never felt I was ever used to my full potential wherever I went, so this is my chance to show folks what I can bring to the table."

The two-time All-MAC Conference TE at Temple University feels he has a lot to prove to the San Antonio faithful, and any NFL team in need of a hard-working, focused player. He added, "I have definitely learned how to be a professional athlete over the years and what the Commanders are getting is a laser-focused, team player."

The opening game on February 9, 2019 will be seen by a nationwide audience on CBS Sports.